It's hunting season here!
Deer and antelope spend their days lying low in the hay fields.
I spotted these two bucks in a field on my way home one evening.
At first all I could see were the tops of their antlers, which from a distance looked like tree branches.
When I realized what I was seeing were not tree branches but antlers, I brought the car to a stop at grabbed the camera. As I stopped, they both stood up.
What a pleasant surprise to see these two bucks!
They tolerated a few photos and then took off.
I have not seen them since, but our daughter spotted them in another field about a week later.
It frustrates the hunters when the deer or antelope stay in the fields all day, as they (the hunters) are not allowed to hunt on private ground, unless they have permission, which doesn't happen often!
Once the sun starts to set, the animals move off to other areas and the hunters leave in frustration.
Smart critters!


3 comments:
What beautiful animals and great shots! I love the background, too!
I never get tired of the wildlife. Your hunting season starts earlier then ours.
Ours is sometime the first week or so of September (guess it's coming up)
and YES animals seem to outwit many hunters. (including my husband)
I think Game and Fish sends out notices to the animals about scheduled hunting seasons.
Beautiful.
Post a Comment