Friday, April 19, 2013

Cloud Burst

Tired of clouds yet?
Hope not, as I seem to be fascinated by them lately.
 
Coming home on Tuesday evening I was treated to a beautiful sight as I dropped into our valley.
It had been stormy off and on all day.
The winds were blowing once again.
 
At the south end of the valley, the clouds were dropping and changing rapidly.
I noticed one cloud formation so I slowed down and I waited to see what it would do.
A micro-burst formed!
I could see the wind swirl up off the desert floor and the cloud started to fan out.
Micro-bursts can produce some pretty intense winds!
The light was changing fast as the clouds moved and I didn't think any of the photos would turn out.
I was wrong!
I love the shot I captured below!
Mother nature can be so beautiful even when she is behaving badly!
 
 
The rest of the drive home was filled with cloud bursts happening all around the valley.
 
Low hanging clouds stretch before me as I travel the road home. 

2 comments:

Gail said...

Wow, what a capture!!! No wonder you are fascinated with the clouds, they are constantly changing and are powerful works of art.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wowza!! Great photos!

~Lisa