Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sub Zero

Woke up to snow on Saturday morning.
Lots of snow!
Over 6 inches of snow!
We knew it was coming, just didn't know how much we would get for sure.

Snow is pretty, if you can stay home, indoors, where it's warm and enjoy it.
Not the case here!
I had to work on Saturday!

Chores first though!

Had to take the token boot shot!
 Had to shovel out the chicken coops.
Made paths inside the coops just in case the chickens wanted to come out.
 Mr. Frizzle came out to help and complain about the white stuff on the ground.
I shared in his misery!
He didn't stay out for long and none of the other chickens ventured out at all.
 A layer of white as far as the eye can see!
 Road reports were not good.
Hubby decided he had better drive Meg and I to town for work.
Good thing he did as the roads were an icy mess! 
After a day in town, we left early to head back home. 
The roads were still terrible! Icy, slick, frozen!
People were driving like idiots!

As we turned off the hwy onto the dirt road that leads into our valley, I told hubby to slow down so I could snap the photo below.
The scene looking north was beautiful and I'm glad I was able to capture just a bit of it!
It was -15 below when we woke up this morning!
Yes, I said -15 below!

1 comment:

labbie1 said...

Ummmmm...can I just say ICK to the -15? But the shot that got across the fields with that blue blue sky peeking through the dark dark clouds is lovely!