Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Super Moon to See

I was on the computer yesterday evening when I suddenly remembered about the Super Moon. I grabbed my old camera and headed outside. Sure enough, the moon was just starting to rise above the mountain range directly in front of our house. I was using my old Kodak camera, as my little point and shoot will not capture moon shots at all. My older Kodak (I've had it since 2004) is on its last legs. I was surprised at how well it did last night when I took these shots. Moon shots are hard to capture. I don't have a tripod, so I have to try and control the camera shake to avoid getting blurry photos. These shots are SOC (straight out of the camera shots). It really wasn't that dark yet when I took these shots, but using the flash darkened the background and seemed to make the moon pop! These shots were all taken within a few seconds of each other. Last nights moon was a big, bright, pretty sight to see! 




Did you see the Super Moon? 

1 comment:

Gail said...

Beautiful!!!! Great job.