Saturday, April 2, 2011

Feeling

BLAH!

The last few weeks have left me feeling drained...physically and mentally!

Things have been busy, busy at work plus we have had the added stress of an impending budget reduction for the University I work for which will cut the State 4-H program drastically which will in turn impact the county programs across the state. We have been busy writing letters, rallying the troops, etc. the past few weeks and it has been exhausting!

Monday I go before our County Commissioners to give a report on how the cuts will affect our county program! Let's just say that public speaking is not my strong point! UGH!

On another note, the power cord to the other lap top went kaput yesterday, so I can't use the other lap top or upload any photos until I get a new power cord. Hoping someone in our small town will have something in stock that will work. Frustrating not to have the laptop with the photo program on it...grrrr!

We had two days of really nice weather and temps in the low 70's. Of course I was stuck inside behind a desk both days, so I really didn't get to enjoy it all that much.
Today it is cold and very, very windy! Figures!

Here are a couple of quotes that I came across this week that I really like:

"Choose being kind over being right and you'll be right every time." ~ Richard Carlson

"I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people who are convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another." ~  Ellen Goodman

Guess it's time to do a little spring cleaning...both literally and figuratively speaking!
There has been a bit of...for lack of a better term...drama in my life lately...so I'm going to do a little weeding so to speak.

Here's hoping that everyone has a great weekend! *Smile

I have a date with the DVR...time to relax a bit and catch up on a few shows.

2 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

You NEED a date with the DVR! Nothing like a little mindless tv to rest the weary soul! At least thats what works for me. That or a nap and I've already taken one of those for you :0) Good luck on your speech and your "weeding"

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Weeding is a necessary chore in our lives. I hope it goes well and you can find some peace and calm.

Wish I was there. We could laugh and drink wine together and leave our cares in the compost bin :)

xoxo
~Lisa