Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Week In Vegas

I arrived in Las Vegas last Sunday to spend the week at a work related conference. Hayman dropped me off, than he and Countrychick headed on to Arizona for the week to see his parents, sister and niece. My conference started on Monday afternoon. I spent each day from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. listening, learning and interacting with 85 other colleagues from various western states learning about youth, volunteer and program development that pertains to my field of work. Wow...that sounded weird..."my field of work." A year ago, who would have thought I would have a "field of work." Well whatever....I do have one now and I really learned a lot this past week. I had every intention of blogging from Vegas, but it didn't work out that way. I was short on time and very, very frustrated with the wireless connection in my room. I was so frustrated that I finally gave up all together. I was able to use a colleague's laptop to check work related email and that was all. I spent five days getting to know my colleagues from the various counties in my state and it was a pleasure. This group of ladies were Amazing!! I had so much fun getting to know all of them. I also met some great people from Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Utah and California. We (our group from Nevada) only made it out to the strip once while in Vegas and that was on Thursday evening. We had dinner at the MGM and then walked back along the strip to our hotel. I was able to take this video of the water show in front of the Bellagio Hotel. I have other photos to share as well, but those will have to wait for another day.

It is so good to be home. I spent all day yesterday in my jammies. I didn't want to move from the couch. And I watched ten episode of the series Las Vegas. Guess I just couldn't get enough.

7 comments:

Gail said...

Sounds like you had a ball! The water show is wonderful I saw a program once that showed all the workings underneath the water and the maintenace it took to keep it going...very interesting!

colleen said...

I bet when you were watching that you had chills....it's just amazingly beautiful...I'm glad you had a good time in Vegas...glad you're back home safe and sound.

Scrappy Girl said...

Glad you had a good time in Vegas. I am sure a medical conference will take us there one of these years. We missed the one last year.

Deb said...

I've always liked Vegas, although I am not a gambler.

Jeannelle said...

So you were hiding out in Vegas all this time. Sounds like you had a great time at the conference. Good for you!

I've never been to Vegas, but could feel the atmosphere as I watched your fascinating video. Thanks for including that! Wishing you a smooth return to normal routine.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Welcome home DH! (Isn't it always a great feeling to be back home?)
Glad you had a wonderful experience, meeting others and learning more about your "field of work".
A few months ago.."holding down the fort" would have been your words..

Lisa Loo said...

You are killing me with the 10 episodes of Vegas!! Too funny! Yup--been there--done the Vegas thing many a time--it looks so different in the daytime--but then--don't we all! Sounds like it was a good trip tho--sometimes its like I need a vacation from my vacation!