Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wordfull Wednesday



Wordfull Wednesday is hosted by Chocolate on my Cranium. This weeks topic is," I am Grateful"

When trying to compose this post, I kept thinking about all the things that have taken place in my life in the past year, but I realized that I should not only be grateful for the good things that have come my way in the past year, but for all of the things that have happened in my life. Often we simply forget to be grateful for the simple things, the little things in our life. When you think about it, life is made up of a series of "little moments" happening all of the time. In the past few years, I have learned to be grateful for all things, even the tough things or rough spots that come along. Those times are meant to teach us something......if we are grateful at those times, I believe we truly learn something from those moments. I started back to work full time last week after being a stay at home mom for the last twenty-two years. Of course I worked full time as a stay at home/homeschooling mom, but it was much different work then is done in an office from 8 to 5 every day. I thought I might have a tough time making that transition last week, but you know what....I'm doing pretty good with it. I know why too.......I am grateful for being able to be home with my children when they needed me the most and everything I did during those years up until the present moment was leading me to the path I am on now. I am grateful for those years and I am most definitely grateful for the people, opportunities, love and blessings I have in my life at this very moment.

"Each day offers us the gift of being a special occasion if we can simply learn that as well as giving, it is blessed to receive with grace and a grateful heart." ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

"When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears." ~ Anthony Robbins

6 comments:

Redhoodoos said...

Love it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Redhoodoos said...

Red is thankful she has a desert friend.

Montserrat said...

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." Every little moment really does add up and leads us onto greater things.

Happy Thanksgiving!

colleen said...

All things big and small have the ability to teach us things if we only take the time to look.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Colleen

Gail said...

Everyone before me said what I wanted to say...so I'll just say, Happy Thanksgiving!

James and Aimee said...

I am also grateful for the paths life has taken me on. I might not have chosen them for myself, but now I'm so grateful to be on them.